Sunday, September 13, 2009

Crazy about Jay-Z (Pt. 1)

Well, I listened to the Blueprint 3 finally. My rating...

4/5 peanuts.

It's a decent album. What jades my opinion about this album is the production. I think Jay could've found some producers that could've suited him better. Out of all the Kanye beats, I only enjoyed half of them. The other half sounded like 808 and Heartbreak leftovers, which DO NOT suit Jay-Z. He should've given them to Mr. Hudson or something. My biggest complaint is the absence of Just Blaze, who (I can safely say) has NEVER given Jay a wack beat. He always gives Jay-Z that grown appeal, which is something he should stick with. My favorite tracks include "What We Talkin' About", "Thank You", "Empire State of Mind", "On to the Next One", "A Star is Born", "Already Home", and "So Ambitious".

Speaking of Jay-Z, anyone remember how AMAZING this song was when it came out?! This was definitely ahead of its time and is definitely one of my favorite tracks by Jay. Seriously, WHO IS JAZZ-O AND WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM?! I thought he was pretty cool, he reminds me of Percee P! (Click the picture to watch the video, YouTube disabled embedding of this video. It's worth it, click to see what song I'm talking about!)

No comments: