Thursday, October 29, 2009

Gameworks Seattle

As some of you may know, I am in Seattle right now visiting my girlfriend. Yesterday, I made my way to Gameworks to see what games they had.

Needless to say, they thoroughly satisfied me because the selection of games compared to what we have in Boise at Gameworld is ridiculous. I got to play Tekken 6 (finally!), King of Fighters XII, and Tatsunoku vs Capcom!

Tekken 6 is amazing (SPOILERS COMING). There are quite a bit of characters and a nice amount of new ones as well as returning ones. I was saddened at how they weakened Bruce and Lee (Bruce Lee? lol). Lee is still my favorite character though and I managed to beat the game on my first try with him. I even placed 7th place with a time of about five minutes! Some new characters I used were Leo, Miguel, and Lars. Lars sucks, but he looks pretty cool, almost like Jin. Miguel is alright, I just love watching him fight because he just looks like a drunk bum lol. Leo is okay too, I think he would be really good if you just spent some time learning how to play as him. He's kinda dorky though, he must be like 15 years old or something. In Tekken 6, they give you a bonus round where you fight this HUGE robot named Nancy. It's kinda hard to beat because it takes more to damage him and his attacks cause a little more damage than normal. I got so close to beating him twice! You only get one round against him, and nothing happens if you lose, you just don't get a bonus. Jin is the King of Iron Fist Tournament, and it's pretty easy to beat him. The final boss is Azazel, this huge luminescent Egyptian/dinosaur bone looking thing. He's fairly difficult but is beatable. Azazel fights like True Ogre a little and has some moves similar to the Hulk's Gamma Wave in Marvel vs Capcom. All in all, good times with Tekken 6!

Tatsunoku vs Capcom is visually stimulating, but I really disliked that it only has three buttons and a tag/assist button. Also, the character roster is weak compared to other "vs" games (unless there were some to be unlocked). I picked Batsu (from Rival Schools) and Megaman (from Megaman Legends). It's pretty fun, but I wasn't jumping for it. I dunno, maybe it's just because I sucked at it, but like three matches in I was still winning and I just left the game because I was hungry! That's how uninspired I was!

King of Fighters XII sucked horribly. It looked really good but they took A LOT of good moves away from my favorite characters. I already suck at SNK games, but I especially sucked at this one because of the lack of moves. Pass on this.

There was another cool looking game called Blaz Blue, but I didn't get to play it. Maybe I'll make my way back and check it out before I depart for Boise.

Gameworks here is awesome, I wish you could all be here to play the games! There are SO MANY rhythm games, like Puyo Puyo Fever, Guitar Freaks, Drum Mania, Taiko Drum Master, and etc. I lost count of how many DDR games they had here!

Here's some clips of Azazel and Nancy in action.




-p

No comments: