Friday, April 10, 2009

Grateful

Last night, I went to Hip Hop Thursdays at the Bouquet where DJ Revolve spins. I went with Mr. Double U and met up with another young lady there later.

There weren't many people there, but it was cool to walk in and hear old classics being played. Plus there were a few breakers doing their thing on the dance floor.

It was cool to be able to sit down and vibe to old stuff that you don't hear often anymore, but it was crazier to have people recognize me.

One breaker came to me and said "hey...aren't you in that group? Um...get fucked up on equations?" That blew my mind! I'm just a nobody, so it felt cool for a second to have someone praise you.

Later on, I finally met Revolve and told him who I was. He said he'd heard a lot about us (Dedicated Servers) through Noah and David (of Eleven). I was honored because Eleven is like the main hip hop of Idaho and everyone loves them. I know that has nothing to do with us but for Eleven to mention us to a few people really means a lot to me.

So shout out to Revolve, Eleven, and the few people that recognized me from Valentine's Day at the Neurolux. I'm verry grateful and thankful for that. To any old hip hop heads reading this, you should definitely go to Revolve's gig on Thursdays where the real hip hop is being played!

1 comment:

Kyle Elliott said...

they must play some of weezy baby's stuff if double u went. but big up! getting big soon.