Tuesday, August 4, 2009

BAD Irish

Emphasis on BAD.

First I wanna thank everyone for coming out and supporting. We got started very late and I most definitely wanna thank those that stayed for our set, because we didn't even go until 11:30p or 12:00a. I know that many of you had work the next morning and stuff, and so it means a lot to MCMD and I that you guys sacrificed. Know that I won't forget that.

Now, let me explain why there's an emphasis on BAD. Our microphones kept cutting off (at one point, the cord disconnected from my mic), the DJ turned our performance into a mixtape with loads of scratching (which in turn confused us with where we were in a song), there were unnecessary drops, the sound was too loud, we couldn't hear ourselves, the openers had a much longer set than us, our payment was drink stubs, and the DJ skipped a song that we were supposed to perform.

Don't get me wrong, drink stubs are cool, but they can only satisfy me for so long because I don't really drink. PAY ME!

Lesson #1 of the night: NO MORE DJs doing our sets (unless it's Noah).

Lesson #2 of the night: Even when club owners don't let you set up your wireless mics, barter them into it. Their microphones were great *smh*.

The show could've been a lot better (on our part) and I apologize to those that came and received less than a show. It was great to see our old friend Steve (Oso) again and the guys of Brookside Bodega were cool, but seriously what opener has an hour and ten minute set? Am I crazy?

Anyway, expect a better show next time people. We'll be a little more demanding about sound next time around. I'm not mad, because we're still here doing are thing and enjoying it, but SHEESH! Had to vent. Thank you.

-p

No comments: