Friday, August 14, 2009

Meteor Showers

On Tuesday night, Dani told me there were meteor showers expected to fall (I can't believe she knew before me)! I was super excited and was very happy that she wanted to see them with me, so we laid out on her patio with some blankets and kept our eyes open for as long as we could, hoping to get a glimpse of some of nature's wonders.

The showers were expected to fall from midnight to 5a (Wednesday morning). I think it was a little difficult to see them because we were fairly close to the city and there were many lights surrounding our view, but we still saw some pretty good ones. The first one I saw raced through the sky with a long beautiful, yellow streak (similar to the one pictured here, but yellow). I saw many more faint ones, and some really weird light movement out the corner of my eye...

Overall I'm glad I stayed up to see the showers! I can't believe I don't do this more! To anyone who hasn't done this, I highly suggest doing so if you don't have too much on your plate! It was so cool...words can't describe how cool it was!

No comments: