Saturday, August 1, 2009

R.I.P. Baatin Rasul Rasii

Dang. Lots of inspirational people passing away as of late. Still can't believe 2/3 of my favorite group EVER is gone. I was excited too, because as some of you may know, Baatin left Slum Village due to personal problems, but he returned and they were going to release a sort of "reunion" album called "Villa Manifesto", where Illa J would even lend beats in an attempt to simulate a true reunion and a memory of "Fantastic Vol. 2" (one of the best hip-hop albums EVER), which was the album that introduced the world to Baatin. The album was slated for a September release, and I really hope most of the tracks are done, because I know it was gonna be fresh. Nonetheless, Baatin R.I.P., I know he's lighting it up with Dilla right now!

I still need to get my hands on his solo album. I've only heard a few tracks from it (a LONG, long time ago) and you can believe they were super nice!

Acknowledge all the legends that you walk amongst, because here we are again; had no idea Baatin was leaving, and now everyone's super bummed out and stuff because we never honored him as much as we should've. Raise it up!

No comments: