Saturday, September 5, 2009

De La Soul x Knitting Factory Boise

This show was "So Good" (get it?)!

I had a great time with MCMD, Dani and my sister Vy. We all went to the show and they all got fairly tipsy! I had a few sips but not too much because I know I'd be out within minutes!

The opening acts were alright. P-Dirt and Logan C certainly rocked the place, but when my dudes Eleven and Noah got up there, the place went OFF! They have such great energy, if you haven't seen them live you need to! They were the perfect candidates to open up for De La Soul, who came out and ROCKED the house DOWN! They had SO MUCH energy!

I went wearing two necessary articles of clothing: my J Dilla "TURN IT UP!" tee and my Nike "De La Soles". I got my soles signed by Trugoy (unfortunately Maseo & Posdnuos hid backstage afterwards) and Trugoy pointed out my shirt! They performed (one of my favorites) "Much More" which is produced by J Dilla, so I just took my shirt off and held it up, and Trugoy at least saw it and acknowledged it! I thanked Posdnuos for coming to Boise on Twitter, and he thanked me back for allowing them to perform here! Cool stuff!

So there were (of course) some stupid groupies there, and they kept trying to squeeze their way to the front so that actual De La Soul fans like myself couldn't be up there. My sister and I were furious, so we just spaz danced to scare them off, and whenever they got too close to me, I just yelled directly in their ear as if I was screaming for De La Soul. HA! Take that you posers!

It was pretty funny to watch the show with Eleven in the audience too. He owned this kid who tried to roll some weed during the concert and shut him down. It was pretty cool.

Anyway, I'm so happy that De La Soul came by. If they ever come back and you've never been to their show, YOU NEED TO! Guaranteed good times! Honor your living legends because you never know when they'll be gone!

1 comment:

MCMD said...

That was a fun show I am glad you talked me into going. The only thing that would of made it better is if you and I could of opened for them. Maybe next time