Monday, November 9, 2009

Battle

Alright as I said in a few posts before this, there was a young man who wanted desperately to engage in a rap battle against me. He simply would not stop nagging me while I was performing because he was just itching to diss me.

So I stopped the show and told MCMD to throw a beat on (I apologize again Matt, kinda selfish of me) and I introduced the kid to the crowd and I let him start. Oh before all that happened, I straighted everyone in the building out on what a freestyle is:

A freestyle is that: freestyling. Everything comes from the top of your head. Nothing recited, nothing written. It's what you feel at the moment. And no, you don't recite a verse to a different beat or just do it acapella, anyone can do that. This is something A LOT of Idahoans do not understand, so I had to straighten this out.

I told him that I would like to FREESTYLE, not battle. He went first, and it was VERY easy to tell that he was reciting something he wrote previously. Plus, he kept dissing me. I went after him and started naming my surroundings, just to prove that I truly was freestyling. I went for awhile, and he INTERRUPTED my verse. Rude. He then went on to diss me further, calling me Barney (though I wasn't wearing purple, nor am I very big in figure) and dissing my white Cinderella shoes (when they were black Nikes). At this point, I'm thinking "...alright, dude wants to play rough huh?" So I went on and dissed his shoes. It was too easy because he was wearing Vans. I said something along the lines of how he's just a copycat because (no homo) more than half of the crowd there was wearing Vans! I also said something like "Hey, who is this guy? Well, you know; he's that scrawny little dork from that movie Juno." Then I dissed him further of how he wasn't actually freestyling and how I was gonna stop dissing him because with the way kids are brought up these days (improperly), he'd probably kill me after the show.

Anyways, dude left after the whole debacle. He even came back up and told me I was good. Nonetheless, that's the last time I battle someone and/or allow anyone to take the microphone from the Dedicated Servers. Matt, I apologize again, I got caught in my ego because I knew I could take him. Even so, I don't like dissing people and hurting their feelings, and that's why I don't battle. I'll freestyle, but I won't battle. So many people were upset, they kept talking about how they wanted to knock that punk out! lol, thanks for the support there people.

Anyway, that's the whole story. Just to clarify, I am definitely not a good freestyler, but at least I do it. Take note Boise rappers; study up and step it up, if you're gonna freestyle, DO IT. It's no big deal if you can't. If that's the case, then DON'T DO IT.

And to that kid that battled me, I believe in you and I think you could make something of yourself in the future. Take heed though; fix your image. You cuss like every other word, step your game up kid because you sound highly uneducated. Don't get into this because your favorite rapper's doing it, get into because it's something you're truly passionate about. Don't EVER interrupt someone while they're rapping. You're lucky you dealt with me and not someone else who's more serious about battling because they probably would've just beat you down physically. Also, don't rush someone else's set. I made the mistake of allowing you to do it this time, but I learned from it. Keep at your dreams, but step it up if you really wanna rap. I'm not even a really good rapper and I'm better than you SON!

Oh and on behalf of our 5 min. rapper, I want to apologize to everyone and their children at the show for the amount of profanity spewing out of this kid's mouth. Sheesh!

-p

2 comments:

Kyle Elliott said...

Oh man, you have no idea how depressed I am that I missed this. New set up looks good by the way.

peanut said...

Thanks guy. Yeah I'm just glad that finally when I post large pictures you can see the whole thing!

Don't be sad you missed it Kyle, it was really pathetic. I killed him, but at the same time, I'm not really a battle rapper, so it wasn't that good of a slaying. And he just plain sucked.