Monday, June 22, 2009

Brooklynati

I hope you guys accept my late pass on this, I've been way too busy! I finally bought Tanya Morgan's "Brooklynati" album from iTunes after failing to find it here in Boise as well as Seattle! This album was worth the iTunes purchase though, it is really really good! In an era where a lot of hip hop is striving for that futuristic, spacy sound (including us), it's refreshing to hear these guys come through with that classic "golden era" sound.

The album is sample driven and classifies as a grown and sexy type album! Von Pea sounds quite different (not a bad thing) and I noticed that all three fellas stepped their pen game up BIG TIME. Tanya Morgan is a huge inspiration to me and I really feel like these guys are highly underrated. Production on the album is entirely by Von Pea and features appearances from Phonte, Blu, Jermiside, Carlitta Durand, Kay, and more. The whole thing's good but these are on repeat: "So Damn Down", "She's Gone", "Never 2ndary", "Morgan Blu" and "Tanya Likes Girls". I've already provided the video for "So Damn Down" and the track for "Morgan Blu" so here's one last preview of the album which is a snippet of my favorite track "Never 2ndary". Go support good hip hop!

Oh, I must say though, you can't get to Brooklynati without your driver's license! Click on my license to get yours!


No comments: