Friday, June 26, 2009

Matisyahu/K'naan Concert Last Night

The concert was pretty cool. K'naan rocked it (as I expected it) and people were up and energized for Matisyahu!

There were a couple problems in the crowd. A bunch of drunken groupies kept trying to get up front when I'm damn sure they didn't even know who any of the artists were. I creepily rubbed up against one of them to get them out of the way...that tactic never fails. Seriously, how the heck are you gonna grind up against your girlfriends to a song where K'naan speaks of his troubling trip from Africa? smh x 1,000,000

The coolest part was K'naan finished his set and Michael Jackson flooded the speakers. I danced my heart out to "Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough", "Rock with You", "Billiejean", "Beat It" and "Bad" and K'naan came into the crowd to dance with everybody. That was super cool.

The tribute didn't stop there. Matisyahu pulled out an impromptu performance of "Billiejean" for everyone to enjoy, and his music sounds NOTHING like Michael Jackson's. As you can see, it doesn't matter who you are or what kind of music you do or whatever; Michael Jackson has had an impact on EVERYONE, whether it's performance, music, videos, style, whatever. All in all, a great night!

5 comments:

Kyle Elliott said...

who'd you go with?

MCMD said...

How was it?

Kyle Elliott said...

not answering either of us?

peanut said...

It was AWESOME! I went with Dani and my friend Abbie.

MCMD said...

I bought his album. I like it alot